We have been curling in Eau Claire since 1956. In January, 1996 we began a new season in our current facility. As a new or continuing member we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the history, philosophy, rules and operations of our club. The ECCC is only as good as you make it. We welcome your comments, suggestions and participation at all levels and events. We're always open to change that will enhance or improve our club.
Being new to curling can bring many questions about the sport, equipment, rules, leagues, expectations and on and on. Here's some information that will acquaint you with curling and our club:
- Club Brooms: The club maintains several community brooms that are available for league curlers at no additional cost.
- Sliders: There are community sliders are available for use at the club. It is required that you wear clean shoes that are free of any dirt or salt.
- Practice: Your membership includes access to the club 24/7. Be sure to check the schedule/calendar on- line and in the club to verify availability.
- Keys: You may purchase an electronic key to the facilities which will give you access to the building. The one-time fee is $10 with $5 being returned when the key is surrendered. Keys are deactivated during the off season. If you are the last one out of the club, be sure the lights are off and the door is locked!
- Communications: We encourage all curlers to provide their email address, as we send out updates of club activities and issues regularly during the season. Our website contains a vast amount of information about the club as well. Please familiarize yourself with the site.
- Keep Info Updated: Your personal information can be kept up-to-date quickly online. Go to our website, long in and click on Members then My Profile. Update and SAVE.
- Ice Cleaning and Shoes:After every game we clean the ice. It is scraped numerous times each week and reflooded several times a season. A quality playing surface is critical to the enjoyment of the game. You can help by using a pair of shoes ONLY for curling. "Street shoes" contain dirt, grit, sand and dust - our playing surface's WORST enemy. Be sure to clean your shoes when ever entering the ice area.
- Participation: Like other curling clubs, the ECCC functions smoothly as a result of individual commitments to helping across the organization. This also helps to keep our dues at a reasonable rate. This also helps to keep our dues at a reasonable rate. There are many opportunities to offer your support: i.e. set up, tear down, ice support. bonspiels, raffles, leagues, cleaning, and many other activities. ...or participate in our Bonspiels. Consider filling out our Membership Volunteer Inventory. These are fun and great opportunities to meet other curlers and develop new friendships. You are our most important asset. You are our most important asset.
Links to Better Understanding the Basics:
Curling Basics: Animated Explanations
Frequently asked questions
Learn to Curl Pamphlet
USA Curling Brochure
USA Curling Club Finder